My first blog post began with a picture of the remains of our house, but thanks to one of our Kenney Ridge neighbors, Bill Sheehan, we can see what it looked like when the destruction was in progress.
The fire actually started in the clothes dryer located just to the right of the garage. The dryer had been used the night before to wash our bed linens in preparation for our return. Apparently, lint inside smoldered for 24 hours before igniting the house.
Finally, I have one more picture for today, showing the basic framing of the new house completed on 14 May and the whole structure dried in. A good deal of progress has been made since this picture, but we'll have to wait till another day to bring you up to date on that.
In the meantime, however, we did a 40-mile bike ride today, and my bed is calling me.
We hope that all is well with you and yours. --oc